Monday 2 April 2007

Cycling

Over the past few days (OK, just 3) I have becaome slightly enamoured of cycling. This is my bid to not be lazy now that it's the easter holiday, and also because I like to be fairly self reliant, I thought I could combine two things. Kill two birds with one stone. Not that I would want to kill any birds except to eat, or that I know how to use a slingshot, or even if I did want to eat a bird, that I'd want to eat two of them.

But, the point is, I have an extremely sore backside after 3 days of tormenting it by cycling over the moors. The roads up there arent in the best of conditions, but I think it's the dirt track, the excruciatingly rough dirt track, that was the worst bit. And having not really done any cycling since last summer...

Yesterday I cycled about 16 miles. Well, I dont know the distance, but it seemed about 100 times longer than it is. The problem being that it was basically all uphill. Which was great on the way back, but made my legs sore ache on the way there, the wind not helping matters by blowing straight into my face.

So for the rest of this week, my aim is to do a bit of cycling every day, and so to make it seem pointful, I have to have a task for every day. For example, today I went to post a membership renewal which was dreadfully overdue (3 or 4 months), and I am thinking about writing a letter to send to Germany tomorrow for my friend. Thinking, mind. I am one of these terrible people who cannot for the life of me stay in touch with anyone, even if I have good intentions. I generally avoid all forms of technological contact - phones, mobile phones, email and messenger(the most likely ones to find me at being email because its less involved with people).

Anway, tea calls, so I shall stop babbling on randomly at this page, pouring out my heart and soul to the web (not).

No comments: